By - Kyle Malinowski
What other sport rivals the National Football League in terms of interesting storylines heading into a season?
If you ask me, no other sport even comes close, which is why football is king.
This article is all about showing just how well the NFL does at spreading the wealth of talent around the league, so that every year there are several storylines that span the news week.
Here are some of the major ones heading into the 2012 season.
1. Peyton Manning Joining the Denver Broncos -- What will it be like to see Peyton without the horseshoe? Can he stay healthy? Can he lead the Broncos to more wins than Tim Tebow did last year?
|Photo by: Jack Dempsey|
2. How Will the Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow Fiasco Play Out in New York? -- Will Rex Ryan be fired? Will Tebow become the starter? Will the Jets make the playoffs?
3. Can the New England Patriots Make it Back to the Super Bowl? -- Can they flirt with perfection again since they have an easy schedule? Will they re-sign Wes Welker?
4. How Good Can the San Francisco 49ers Be? -- Will Randy Moss regain his old form? Will Alex Smith take a step forward or back? Can the 49ers make it to the Super Bowl?
5. Can the Detroit Lions and Houston Texans Continue to Contend? -- Will they both prove they can be annual contenders, or will they fall back to their old ways?
6. Best Rookie Quarterback? -- Who will win the battle of rookie QBs, Andrew Luck or RGIII?
7. Will Michael Vick Lead the Philadelphia Eagles Deep Into the Playoffs? -- Can he stay healthy and prove he is worth the second $100 million deal?
8. Are the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants Being Overlooked? -- It sure seems that way, and they shouldn't be, because they both will probably be really good again this season.
9. Can Tony Romo Finally Deliver? -- Will he finally lead America's Team deep into the postseason, or will he come up short one more time?
10. Replacement Officials -- Will they seriously jeopardize the regular season, or contribute to a superstar succumbing to a major injury?
And just think, this is only a small sampling.
So what are some of your favorite storylines heading into the season? Rank my ten, give your opinion on one or two, or share others that I didn't mention.
I'm interested in seeing how the big name holdouts perform. Will Maurice Jones-Drew and Mike Wallace have down seasons like Chris Johnson last year? I say yes.ReplyDelete
Coaches on the hot seat. Not just Rex Ryan, but guys like Andy Reid and Norv Turner.ReplyDelete
I'm not seeing how you figure the Packers and Giants are being overlooked. Especially the Packers. Almost EVERYONE is picking them to win the Super Bowl.ReplyDelete
I don't think a big enough deal is being made about the replacement officials. Could be huge ramifications if they are in there for a long period of time.ReplyDelete