In Week 15, some fantasy starts shined as expected, like Drew Brees and Adrian Peterson.
On the other hand, there were a few guys that might have got you eliminated from the playoffs. Eli Manning, Doug Martin, and Roddy White, I'm looking your way.
Hopefully some of these guys will pile up points for you this week.
1st Level Quarterbacks:
1. Tom Brady vs. Jacksonville -- Brady should have a big day in Week 16 going against the Jags, who are last in the league in sacks and 24th in overall pass defense.
|Photo by: Getty Images|
3. Drew Brees vs. Dallas -- Brees had the best day of any fantasy quarterback in Week 15, and should continue that type of trend against the Cowboys.
Rest of the 1st Level Quarterbacks:
1. Cam Newton vs. Oakland
2. Peyton Manning vs. Cleveland
3. Matt Ryan vs. Detroit
2nd Level Quarterbacks:
1. Tony Romo vs. New Orleans
2. Ben Roethlisberger vs. Cincinnati
3. Matt Schaub vs. Minnesota
4. Eli Manning vs. Baltimore
5. Andy Dalton vs. Pittsburgh
1st Level Running Backs:
1. Adrian Peterson vs. Houston -- The Texans 5th ranked D will present a challenge, but Peterson is running for history and a playoff spot for the Vikings.
2. Jamaal Charles vs. Indianapolis -- Good matchup for Charles, and kudos to fantasy owners who stayed with him when he struggled in the middle of the year.
3. Alfred Morris vs. Philadelphia -- Morris is averaging 113 yards and a TD over the last 4 weeks. He should continue to roll against a suspect Philly defense.
Rest of the 1st Level Running Backs:
1. Arian Foster vs. Minnesota
2. Matt Forte vs. Arizona
2nd Level Running Backs:
1. Doug Martin vs. St. Louis
2. C.J. Spiller vs. Miami
3. DeMarco Murray vs. New Orleans
4. Reggie Bush vs. Buffalo
5. Chris Johnson vs. Green Bay
1st Level Wide Receivers:
1. Andre Johnson vs. Minnesota -- Johnson is coming off of an 11 catch performance last Sunday, and regained his status as a top 5 fantasy wide receiver.
2. Calvin Johnson vs. Atlanta -- 33 catches over the last 3 weeks and leads the NFL in targets. Could be a tough matchup, but Megatron should still get his numbers.
3. Brandon Marshall vs. Arizona -- Faced several double and triple teams on Sunday. He should bounce back and approach 100 yards and TD again this week.
Rest of the 1st Level Wide Receivers:
1. Wes Welker vs. Jacksonville
2. Reggie Wayne vs. Kansas City
3. Michael Crabtree vs. Seattle
2nd Level Wide Receivers:
1. Julio Jones vs. Detroit
2. Randall Cobb vs. Tennessee
3. Dez Bryant vs. New Orleans
4. Marques Colston vs. Dallas
5. Vincent Jackson vs. St. Louis
1st Level Tight Ends:
1. Aaron Hernandez vs. Jacksonville -- 3 TDs over the last 2 weeks have come just in time to save some fantasy seasons. Hernandez should flourish against the Jags suspect pass D.
2. Heath Miller vs. Cincinnati -- 7 catches for 92 yards plus a touchdown last Sunday, Miller has been the most consistent target on the Steelers this year.
3. Tony Gonzalez vs. Detroit -- Gonzalez could have done more in Sunday's rout of the Giants, but he still found the end zone and is the overall leader in TE points this year.
Rest of the 1st Level Tight Ends:
1. Jermaine Gresham vs. Pittsburgh
2. Jimmy Graham vs. Dallas
3. Jason Witten vs. New Orleans
2nd Level Tight Ends:
1. Dennis Pitta vs. New York Giants
2. Greg Olsen vs. Oakland
3. Scott Chandler vs. Miami
4. Brandon Myers vs. Carolina
5. Antonio Gates vs. New York Jets
1st Level Defense and Special Teams:
1. Chicago D/ST vs. Arizona -- Forget what you saw from the Cardinals last week. The Bears should shut down this still putrid offense.
2. Denver D/ST vs. Cleveland -- The Broncos scored 15-plus points last week against the Ravens. You should see a similar result against the Browns struggling offense.
3. Colts D/ST vs. Kansas City -- This matchup is more about the Chiefs than the Colts. Kansas City is making most defenses look all world, so the Colts D should be able to get double digits.
Rest of the 1st Level Defense and Special Teams:
1. New England D/ST vs. Jacksonville
2. Carolina D/ST vs. Oakland
3. Green Bay D/ST vs. Tennessee
2nd Level Defense and Special Teams:
1. Atlanta D/ST vs. Detroit
2. New York Jets D/ST vs. San Diego
3. Houston D/ST vs. Minnesota
*Catch me on Fantasy Football Live every Sunday morning from 8:00-9:00, and on the Thom Abraham Show every Wednesday afternoon starting at 3:40 for even more Fantasy Football talk on Sports Radio 560 WNSR Nashville.